» Who Is This Chick?
Who Is This Chick?
I Wish My Hair Was This Long
Whenever I come to one of these “About” pages on a website or blog, I’m drawn in as much by style as I am by substance. As a new visitor, I don’t need to know a person’s life story (at least not right away). I need a reason to keep reading. I never realized how hard the style piece could be until I sat down to write this.
I’ve been writing in one form or another for more than fifteen years. Enough kind people encouraged me that I decided to try my luck with a wider audience. On their heads be it. Olivia Duncan Craig is not my real name. For now, I prefer to keep my public and private lives separate. That may change one day. I’m based out of Washington, DC, but travel extensively for work and play. I live with my adorable dog and long-suffering cat. My apartment overlooks the water. Life is good.
Some of the things I like are:
- Nick and Nora Charles, as played by William Powell and Myrna Loy
- U2′s halftime performance at the 2002 Superbowl
- Paul Bettany
- The Pre-Raphaelite collection at the Tate
- Aaron Sorkin’s snappy repartee
- British television
- Jared Padalecki’s chest
- The Empress Theodora
- Rosa Mexicano’s guacamole
- Reading, with my dog asleep beside me on the couch
- A.S. Byatt’s Possession
- Rory and Amy on Doctor Who
- Birch trees
- Sidecars (the cocktail, not the ones attached to motorcycles)
- Breakfast at Miss Shirley’s
- Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman’s twisted love affair in Notorious
- Illuminated manuscripts
- Flying business class
- Thanksgiving with my family
- Dennis Lehane’s Peter McKenzie and Angela Gennaro mysteries
- Ghost stories
- Jo Malone’s Pomegranate Noir
- 1968 Ford Mustangs
- DC Cupcake’s Southern Belle